Children cannot attend the center with an infectious disease or other serious illness, and if the condition prevents their ability to participate in regular daily routines or if attendance could be harmful to themselves or others. This would include fever, diarrhea, high temperature, vomiting, skin rashes, infections, or a bad cold.
1. Families are responsible for making alternative care arrangements and seeking medical attention in the event of serious illness.
2. When a child is sick or needs antibiotics, they cannot return to the center for 24 hours.
3. In the case that a child becomes ill while attending the center. The child will be separated from the other children as much as possible.
4. If a child becomes ill while attending the center, the parents will be notified and asked to come to pick up their child from the center.
5. All illnesses that occur while a child is in care at the center must be recorded on our Illness Report Form.
6. Any severe illness that occurs while the child is attending the center must be reported to the director.