Children are not allowed to attend daycare if they suffer from a Communicable Disease under the Communicable Disease Regulation (AR 238/85) Schedule 1 from the Licensing Standards and Best Practices in Child Care.
Communicable diseases include but are not limited to:
· Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome
· Chicken Pox
· Hepatitis A, B, or C
· Meningitis /Meningococcal Infections
· Fifth Disease
· Hand Foot and Mouth
· If an employee knows or has reason to believe that a child may suffer from Communicable Disease, they will discuss the situation with the director.
· The director will notify the parent that they must pick up their child immediately from the center and not return until the director approves.
· The child will be separated from the other children and moved to the office, where an employee will care for them until the child is picked up.
· If a child has been exposed to or contracted a Communicable Disease, the family must inform the center of the information.
· Wee Care Daycare will inform Public Health and families if two or more cases of a communicable disease are reported.